Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's December Already?

The past week has been a whirlwind of traveling, visitors, food comas, laughing, and celebrating. I spent my first Thanksgiving away from my family and although I missed our usual traditions of hiking and my grandma's cooking, I had a great Thanksgiving in the Big Easy. My college friend came to visit and we spent the entire week eating amazing food, seeing the sights and listening to music. I guess you can officially say I am a local since I was knowledgeable enough to show someone around! I got pretty good feedback on my tour guide skills as well.

I took my friend Vinny to get a Huge Ass Beer on Bourbon Street upon his arrival...this one is 32 oz. but the biggest beer comes in a giant plastic bottle and is 70 oz!

Our hotel room view... we had a great view of the Mississippi River and the Crescent City Connection Bridge.


The Thanksgiving Day Parade that happened right on Canal Street!

After Thanksgiving Dinner we went to the Howlin' Wolf and saw the infamous brass band Rebirth play!

It is currently 75 degrees today in New Orleans and it is December 3rd. DECEMBER 3rd PEOPLE! The weather here is crazy and I am not sure if I will ever get used to its indecisiveness. I head back to New Jersey in 16 days (where the weather will be more consistent I am sure) and I would be lying if I said I wasn't crazy excited to see my family. It's been just about 4 months since I've seen them, which marks the longest that I have ever been apart from them. I can't wait to spend some quality holiday time with all of them.

Lesson from the Journey: For Thanksgiving dinner I ate a restaurant called Ralph's on the Park which overlooks City Park. They had a three course prefix menu for the holiday so I naturally knew what I was ordering 3 weeks in advance. I knew that the blue crab beignet appetizer was going to be delicious but I never imagined it would be quite possibly the best thing I ever ate. I think everyone and their sister should eat one of these bad boys at least once in their lifetime. Delicious.

BLUE CRAB BEIGNETS PEOPLE!


No comments:

Post a Comment