Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I am blessed to say that I have many things to be thankful for. I am thankful for my family, my friends new and old, the city of New Orleans, the YAV experience, my job at Project Homecoming, the growth I have seen in myself the past 4 months, the amazing food I have been so fortunate to eat and the music that continues to leave me speechless. But there is something more specific that I would like to take the time to thank this year. I would like to thank all the readers of my blog that is now (thanks to the consistent support and positive feedback from those who read it) going on it's fourth month of existence.

I have always loved writing and my mom always likes to tell me this story of when I was in 2nd grade when my teacher would always report during parent teacher conferences that I would fill pages with creative writing, always having so much to say. My interest in math during my later school years drastically put my writing on hold and I am so ecstatic that I now have an outlet to write and document my time here in New Orleans. More importantly, I am happy that people actually read it and seem to enjoy it. It means the world to me that people are interested in my story as I stumble through this journey of service, growth and reflection.

I've been told that your twenties are full of transition and constant change as you try and find your place in the "real world". I can attest the feeling of just barely keeping my head above water as I am figuring out what makes me happy and what impact I want to make in the world. I am excited to say that this year has given me the time and space to explore myself while getting to know a new place and people completely different from myself. So thank you to everyone has read my blog from the beginning, only read a few posts or the people who this may be their post! You all give me the confidence to continue my writing which is truly something to be thankful for.

Lesson from the Journey: Having people support something you love to do is the most satisfying and affirming feeling that I cannot express how thankful I am for having. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment