Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Steamboat Natchez

I must apologize in advance for writing this post 3 days late but since today is my birthday no one is allowed to get mad at me for it being late! That being said, I am also not posting this late because I didn't have a good time aboard the Steamboat Natchez - in fact I had an opposite experience! I had a great time meeting up with the Disdiers (family friends) and a few of their friends. It was a treat to go for a boat ride, eat some brunch and listen to some jazz!

The Steamboat Natchez! 
So like most attractions these days, there are usually photographers that take your picture before and then the pictures are available for purchase afterwards. Since I have been in New Orleans, I have met many people - including one of the photographers on the Steamboat Natchez! My friend Rose, gave me the pictures that they took before the boat ride for free! *hair toss* It was a windy day but I think the picture turned out great (especially for being free!)

How cute is the steering wheel of the ship in front of us?
We couldn't have asked for a better day to be on a boat. It was windy but sitting in the sun was warm and the cool breeze was welcomed. The brunch was pretty delicious - especially the bread pudding and beignets! I think my favorite part of the ride was getting an excellent view of the Crescent City Connection Bridge which stretches over the Mississippi River connecting New Orleans to the West Bank.

Crescent City Connection Bridge
But of course fun and surprises in New Orleans are never isolated. As soon as we got off the Steamboat we were greeted with high school kids playing music, live statues posing so still you had to double take and adorable dogs dressed in Saints gear for the game that day! I love that everyone you go in New Orleans, you have to constantly be alert or you will something amazing.

Live statue right off the exit of the steamboat... he (and the stuffed animal dog) stayed still like that the entire time I was looking!
Me holding possibly the world's cutest dog...decked out in a Saints jersey, sunglasses and booties!
It was a great Sunday and I am so thankful that the Disdiers took me along for this awesome experience. It's also always nice to have a little piece of home because as much as I love this city, I do miss New Jersey a lot. This day will definitely be one to remember because I don't know if I ever would have done this otherwise!

My view walking from the parking lot to the Steamboat...how beautiful is this city?

Lesson from the Journey: I think the live statues in New Orleans might give the London guards a run for their money...people were posing with him and trying to distract him and he didn't flinch...even in that difficult pose! Impressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment