Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy November!

It is finally here....my favorite month of the year! I know you might not think you have a favorite month of the year, but trust me you do. And it's November! Here are the top 8 reasons why you should love November (almost) as much as I do:


8. November is the 11th month of the year and 11 is my favorite number. Already a sign that it's going to be the best month of them all.


7. Daylight Savings! Always remember spring forward, fall back...meaning November brings you an extra hour of sleep! What other month looks out for your well being like that?


6. November means fall and fall means great weather. Although the seasons aren't as defined in New Orleans as I am used to back up in Jersey, the weather has definitely gotten nicer. Not as humid, a little bit cooler, and overall has a more fall feeling.


5. Fall allows me to wear some of my favorite articles of clothing including sweatshirts, sweaters, scarves, leggings, and boots. Especially boots. I think if the weather permitted and I had enough money to indulge on this habit I would wear boots every day. I thank fall and especially November for allowing this to happen.


4. No shave November. Men everywhere let their beards flow as they put down the razor and show the world what kind of beard they can (or can't) grow. It's always entertaining to find out that although your best friend looks great clean shaven it is not by choice - he physically cannot grow more than a few baby hairs on his chin. Also, what girl doesn't like the caveman look?


3. Pumpkin pie season! All the leftover pumpkins from Halloween are not useless, in fact they are transformed into one of the most delicious foods of all time. I am not ashamed to admit that yes, I have eaten an entire pumpkin pie by myself throughout the course of one day, and I am not sorry about it. In addition, pumpkin everything becomes available - pumpkin beer, toasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins...the list goes on and it makes me very happy.


2. Thanksgiving embodies so many things that I love. I could easily make another list about my top 8 reasons why I love Thanksgiving. That list would include eating traditional delicious Thanksgiving foods in large amounts including turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, and mashed potatoes, spending quality time with friends and family, and in my family tradition going on our annual Thanksgiving hike in western Pennsylvania. The spirit of this holiday is unmatched and there is not much I don't like about it. This year, however, will be my first year spending Thanksgiving without my family and away from home. I'm sure it will still be great but I will definitely be missing the tradition.


1. And of course, the best thing about November is...my birthday! I was born November 6 and will turn 23 in just a few short days. I wouldn't call myself a birthday diva but hey, who doesn't like a day devoted to celebrating you? I am excited to celebrate this birthday in New Orleans with some amazing new friends.

Lesson from the Journey: No lesson this post. Just an overwhelming love for November.



1 comment:

  1. As much as I love you, this post made me sad because there is no fall/ boot weather/ pumpkin pie, Thanksgiving, no shave November in the Philippines. But I can still celebrate Alyssa's birthday from afar, so that's good! ;)

    ReplyDelete