Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mischief Night?

I was very surprised to learn today that Mischief Night is not a "thing" and even more surprised that no one was as surprised to learn this as me! Mischief Night is the night before Halloween where all the rebel teenagers go out late at night and teepee houses with massive amounts of toilet paper, throw eggs and smash pumpkins. When I jokingly asked my roommates if they wanted to participate in Mischief Night tonight they looked at me like I was dressed in a Halloween costume that had about one hundred heads.

"What are you talking about Alyssa?"
So of course my curious self resorted to the ever so knowledgable world of Facebook and I found this awesome map that not only explains but confirmed the notion that Mischief Night is apparently a New Jersey thing. Michigan apparently has an equivalent to Mischief Night but they call it Devil's Night. My mind is seriously blown and I hope that yours is too!




Lesson from the Journey: I am more of a Jersey girl than I ever thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment