Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fancy, Fancy

This past Saturday, Project Homecoming held its first Annual Gala! I was really excited to be a part of making the vision a reality and even more excited that the night went wonderfully. We had just about 200 guests and I must admit it was nice to see our work site managers and construction crew all dressed up! We all gathered in the Central Business District at the First NBC Bank for a night of delicious food, great music and a silent auction. I helped with registration, giving people their silent auction numbers and greeting guests as they came in the door. The night went great and famous musician Dr. John even showed up!

The Project Homecoming YAVs - Anna Leigh, Alex and me all dressed up :)

The inside of First NBC Bank - beautiful and intricate high ceilings, it was the perfect venue.

One of the tables offering the silent auction items! We had everything from vacations to spa retreats to art to music and more!

Kevin giving the opening speech and welcoming everyone to the Gala.

Mardi Gras Indians started off the night with a colorful performance

I couldn't not get a picture with the Mardi Gras Indians!

Dr. John playing piano! It was such an awesome addition to have him there. 
The last few days have been spent tallying up the expenses for the gala and I am happy to report that we raised over $7,500 for Project Homecoming! This is especially awesome because the goal for our first gala was to just break even. I really enjoyed being a part of such an awesome event - Kelly (who planned the event) and Alex (my roommate who was her right hand woman) did an exceptional job and honestly, it will be hard to top for next year!

Lesson from the Journey: Photobooths with props are my new favorite thing.

Elena, Valentina and I had to "test out" the photobooth before guests arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment