Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent

I have never committed myself to giving up anything for lent partly because I lack the dedication and partly because I never gave much thought to something meaningful I want to give up. This year, however, is different. The past few months I have given some thought to my meat consumption and how it has quite honestly gotten out of control. Eating meat at every meal is something that I really want to try and eliminate. To clarify, I am eliminating all meat and fish. The only exception that I am making is to allow myself to eat crawfish (it is not officially crawfish season and I don't want to miss out!) I also think this challenge will make me more aware of not only what I eat but also expose me to other great foods out there that I am not accustomed to eating on a regular basis. I have been pretty lucky thus far with eating whatever I want and I think my ultimate goal is to eat healthier and lead a healthier lifestyle. In addition, I have a new love for biking (since biking is quite honestly the easiest way to get around during Mardi Gras) and I think I would like to incorporate more biking into my life. I am excited for this challenge.



Lesson from the Journey: I had Melba's (my favorite fried chicken) yesterday as my "last supper". Somehow it tasted even better than usual as if to say "don't stop eating me!" Why do things always seem to work out that way?



No comments:

Post a Comment